

Festa Italiana is a festival that I have always gone to. I remember so many wonderful things about it throughout the years. From running around with Gina, Joe and Gigi, singing Chella Luna and the Chicken Dance song. Eating all the great food: Sfingis, artichokes, pasta, pizza cannollis. And that was right when I got there. Then I would take a break, dance some more and eat again. Buying the Kiss Me I'm Italian shirt. Throwing balls at the dunking booth. Drinking underage (sorry mom). I could go on and on. Now it is time that I pass that tradition on to my girls. The festival is not as big as it used to be, too small really. But, the feelings haven't changes. I still get that kick in my step when I pass the pasta booth, wondering how many bowls I can eat this year? Then the sweet smell of the sfingis, mmm..mmm..mmm. I hope this year goes by fast! Anyway, passing this tradition along to my girls is great. They danced to Chella Luna, with me, of course! They ate sfingis. Chris and I had to get another plate and hid it from the girls so we could have the whole thing. BAD PARENTS!!! 
They when on a pony ride. Something that they did not have when I was growing up. Cate jumped on the moonwalk. There was an attempt to ride the train, but that did not last!
It was a very exciting day for the whole family!
It was a very exciting day for the whole family!

No comments:
Post a Comment